- Eger, A.M., Aguirre, J.D., Altamirano, M. et al. (2023) The Kelp Forest Challenge: A collaborative global movement to protect and restore 4 million hectares of kelp forests. J Appl Phycol, The Kelp Forest Challenge: A collaborative global movement to protect and restore 4 million hectares of kelp forests | Journal of Applied Phycology (springer.com)
- Freitas C, Francis P, Bellgrove A and Venzo P (2023) Adopting Ocean-Themed Picture Books to Promote Ocean Literacy in Primary Education Children’s Literature in Education, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10583-023-09534-y
- M O’Brien, CA Freitas, P Venzo and P Francis (2023) Fostering ocean literacy through informal marine education programs. Marine Pollution Bulletin, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2023.115208
- CA Freitas, M O’Brien, S Andrews and P Francis (2023) A Reef Like no Other: The Great Southern Reef. Front. Young Minds., 11:933489. https://doi.org/10.3389/frym.2023.933489
- CA Freitas, A Bellgrove, P Venzo & P Francis (2022) Towards a 2025 national ocean literacy strategy: current status and future needs in primary education. Frontiers in Marine Science, 1109. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2022.883524
- P Venzo, P Francis & C James (2022) The Great Southern Reef. CSIRO Publishing. Clayton South, Australia.
- P Venzo, L Hedberg & P Francis (2021) Whose eggs are these? Gender in ocean-themed picture books. Journal of Science & Popular Culture, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 115 – 133, doi.org/10.1386/jspc_00029_1
- P.F. Francis (2021) Riding the COVID-19 wave: Online learning activities for a field based marine science unit. In Cheong, C, Coldwell-Neilson, J, MacCallum, K, Luo, T and Scime, A (ed), COVID-19 and Education: Learning and Teaching in a Pandemic-Constrained Environment, Informing Science Press, Santa Rosa, Calif., pp. 393-405.
- P Francis, P Venzo, A Bellgrove (2021) Reading over and under the waves: A study of ocean picture books for children. Australian Journal of Environmental Education, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 167-186, doi: 10.1017/aee.2021.4
- PF Francis, J Spencer, & C McGrogan (2020) Educate to keep it great: The long-term successes of a virtual Great Barrier Reef education program, Journal of STEM Outreach, vol. 3, no. 2 – Special Issue – Sustainability, doi: 10.15695/jstem/v3i2.03.
- J Lynch, N Sadler, P Francis, T Matthews, J Mondon & A Bellgrove (2020) Stewards of Swan Bay: Curriculum diversity in place-based environmental science education, in AERA 2020 : The power and possibilities for the public good: When researchers and organizational stakeholders collaborate : Proceedings of the 2020 American Educational Research Association Meeting, American Educational Research Association, [San Francisco, Calif.], pp. 1-10.
- A Bellgrove, P McKenzie, H Cameron & J Pocklington (2017) Restoring rocky intertidal communities: lessons from a benthic macroalgal ecosystem engineer, Marine Pollution Bulletin, vol. 117, no. 1-2, pp. 17-27, doi: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2017.02.012.
- A Bellgrove, PF McKenzie, JL McKenzie & BJ Sfiligoj (2010) Restoration of the habitat-forming fucoid alga Hormosira banksii at effluent-affected sites: competitive exclusion by coralline turfs, Marine Ecology Progress Series, vol. 419, pp. 47-56.
- PF McKenzie & A Bellgrove (2009) Dislodgment and attachment strength of the intertidal macroalga Hormosira banksii (Fucales, Phaeophyceae), Phycologia, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 335-343, doi: 10.2216/08-96.1.
- PF McKenzie & A Bellgrove (2008) Dispersal of Hormosira banksii (Phaeophyceae) via detached fragments: reproductive viability and longevity, Journal of Phycology, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1108-1115, doi: 10.1111/j.1529-8817.2008.00563.x.
- PF McKenzie & A Bellgrove (2006) No outbreeding depression at a regional scale for a habitat-forming intertidal alga with limited dispersal, Marine & Freshwater Research, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 655-663, doi: 10.1071/MF05078.